Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Pre-Surgery

The first in a a series of posts today and tomorrow.  We are blessed by so many friends and family that I am sure I will leave someone out if I try to send emails or texts.  Please set up an RSS reader, or if that sounds like Greek, just check back at this blog and I'll do what I can to keep everyone in the loop.


We had every bit as rough a night as we expected.  Somehow knowing the nature of the break intensified the pain some.  Plus, after 2am, MA wasn't allowed food or liquid, so no more pain pills.  We watched a couple of movies and finally the sun came up.


Sparky is up on the couch (against the rules) but he can't stand it when MA hurts and has to have his head in her lap to comfort her.


I've packed a small bag and we're headed to the hospital about 11am Mountain Time.  Medical Center of Aurora - South Campus.  We have faith in God and in our surgeon and look forward to a great outcome.  Surgery is scheduled at 4:30 by the hospital, but the doctor's scheduler said it would be closer to 1:30.  It would be wonderful for herself to feel better before the day is out.


Thank you all for the prayers and support.

No comments: