Friday, March 4, 2011

A minor setback

Mary Anne is getting a CT scan right now.  We've been cleared by the Physical Therapist and the Occupational Therapist.  The wound is looking fine.  However, she has an elevated heart rate and the hospitalist wants to rule out any possibility of a pulmonary embolism.  Even if there is any clotting, they will simply increase the anti-coagulant dose she is taking and probably observe for another day.


So we're slogging through.  Best case, we still get to go home later today, but if I were a betting man, I'd think we've got another night here.


Had a nice dinner out last night with our new friends the Rews, the only folks we know out here besides my work colleagues.  Time seems to stop inside hospital walls.


Probably a little rambly, and without the review I like to do, but hoping to get the word out.


Keep those prayers coming and I'll update again when I know more.

No comments: