Tuesday, September 11, 2018

I want a new truck

Back in 1984, I was driving MA to work every day in Atlanta (in our Renault Alliance, which is a different story). We would listen to Gary McKee on 94Q, and Huey Lewis and the News had a song out I want a new drug. Gary loved to do parody songs in the morning, so when we weren´t singing the Boss´newest wo, wo, wo, my wife´s on fire, we enjoyed the lyric:
I want a new truck
I want a truck that´s blue

Fast foward several decades, and I spotted a beauty in brother-in-law Tom´s front yard

Tom goes through cars much more quickly that we do. We just sold the 2002 Lexus RX 300, but are still driving the 2010 Lexus RX 350 (affectionately called ¨the new hotness¨from the Men in Black). Well, Tom had 7 cars for two drivers, and we had one car for 2 drivers. And MA won´t let me call the Lexus a truck. So the blue truck has moved to the bluegrass



The commonwealth has agreed to send me a license plate EBEN; it just takes a while to get that and I wanted to share now.

This 1982 Jeep J10 was restored by a doctor in upstate SC. It´s a real beauty now.



Come on by and I´ll give you a ride


1 comment: